• News

The Accelerate Adoption of Wood Processing Innovation Program grant round will open later in December for privately owned wood processing facilities

The Australian Government is providing $110 million in grant funding over 5 years from 2022-23 to co-invest with wood processors, to adopt new and upgraded wood processing facilities.

The grants will support the medium to long-term sustainability of wood processors by stimulating investment in upgrades to existing manufacturing lines and support innovation to diversify domestic products.

The grants will also support wood processing facilities to use innovative technologies in their production.

This will enhance the sectors’ ability to supply more of Australia’s wood demands into the future, with demand for wood and wood products predicted to increase by at least 30 per cent in 2050.

The program will offer co-funding of up to 40 per cent of total project costs, with the remaining 60 per cent to be met by the applicant.

Privately owned wood processing facilities are encouraged to register their interest on GrantConnect.

Click on the ‘New User Registration’ menu at the top of the GrantConnect homepage and complete the online form to receive email notifications on this grant program.

Click here to head to GrantConnect Now.

Posted Date: December 15, 2022

Related Resources

SC 95
  • FWPA
  • News

An industry forum in the Reserve Bank of Australia (RBA) Melbourne On 1…

Economy is growing, but barely
  • FWPA
  • News

The economy dodged another bullet in the December quarter with GDP up 0…